Please read and accept the terms of our boarding agreement by clicking the “I Accept" button below.
PET BOARDING AGREEMENT
This Pet Boarding Agreement (this "Agreement")
is made and entered into as of the date below by and between Sleepover Rover, Inc., an Arizona
corporation, with offices located at 4802 East Ray Road, Suite 23-547, Phoenix,
Arizona 85044 ("Sleepover Rover") and
the person identified on the signature page ("Pet Parent").
Sleepover Rover, through a network of independent local residents (ďPet HostsĒ), arranges for temporary pet-sitting/dog boarding, pet daycare and related services in the comfort of the Pet Hostsí private homes. Pet Parent hereby engages Sleepover Rover to arrange for the care of his or her pet(s) by a Pet Host on the terms set forth in this Agreement and in any supplemental pet information or reservation forms provided in connection with this Agreement.
Pet Parent represents and warrants to Sleepover Rover and Pet Host that as of each date on which he or she leaves a pet with a Pet Host, and with respect to each pet (if more than one):
a. Pet Parent is the rightful owner or caretaker of the pet;
b. The pet is current on all required vaccinations and such other vaccinations as may be required by Pet Host (Pet Parent agrees to provide documents confirming such vaccinations if requested by Sleepover Rover or Pet Host);
c. Unless otherwise disclosed to Sleepover Rover and Pet Host, the pet is housebroken and to Pet Parentís knowledge, the pet is not prone to chewing, scratching, digging or other destructive behavior;
d. To Pet Parentís knowledge, the pet is free of fleas, ticks, worms and other insects and parasites;
e. To Pet Parentís knowledge, the pet has no current illness or injury, except as has been disclosed to Sleepover Rover and Pet Host; and
o Pet Parentís knowledge, the pet has not bitten, or exhibited other aggressive behavior, towards any person or animal, except as has been previously disclosed to Sleepover Rover and Pet Host.
Pet Parent agrees with respect to each pet to:
Provide Pet Host with a sufficient amount of pet food to feed the pet according to his or her normal feeding schedule while in Pet Hostís care;
Provide clearly marked medicine with instructions to Pet Host, if applicable, and Pet Parent hereby authorizes Pet Host to administer such medicine to the pet in accordance with such instructions;
c. Pay for any veterinary and related services needed while the pet is in Pet Hostís care either through (i) prearrangement with the petís regular veterinarian or (ii) providing a credit card number and billing authorization to Sleepover Rover and Pet Host prior to any services being provided under this Agreement, and Pet Parent agrees to promptly reimburse Sleepover Rover and Pet Host for the cost of any services not covered by such pre-arrangements for any reason.
Subject to paragraph 5 below, Pet Parent hereby authorizes Sleepover Rover and the Pet Host to seek veterinary care in the event a pet is injured or becomes ill while in Pet Hostís care and to use their reasonable judgment in such situations and authorizes and instructs Pet Parentís primary veterinarian to share the petís medical records with Sleepover Rover, Pet Host and any emergency or other veterinary clinic as necessary to provide the best veterinary care for the pet under the circumstances
Pet Parent has provided Sleepover Rover with a name and phone number for an emergency contact person. In the event a pet is injured or becomes ill while in Pet Hostís care, if Pet Parent cannot be contacted, such emergency contact person is authorized to make all decisions regarding the extent of any medical treatment for the pet. In the event that neither Pet Parent nor the emergency contact can be contacted, Sleepover Rover and the Pet Host are hereby authorized to allow charges of up to $200 on emergency veterinary expenses.
Pet Parent acknowledges and agrees that Pet Host is an independent contractor and is not an employee of Sleepover Rover. Pet Parent acknowledges that he or she has had the opportunity to meet the Pet Host, inspect Pet Hostís premises and make inquiries as to the quality of care to be provided before approving the Pet Host as a suitable pet-care service provider in Pet Parentís sole discretion. SLEEPOVER ROVER MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE APPROPRIATENESS OR SUITABILITY OF THE PET HOSTíS ENVIRONMENT OR THE CARE TO BE PROVIDED TO ANY PET.
Pet Parent WILL NOT directly hire or engage any Pet Host for pet-sitting, pet daycare, boarding or related pet services while Pet Host is under contract with Sleepover Rover and for a period of two years following termination of a hosting contract with Sleepover Rover, Inc. This includes Pet Parent and any referral of our hosts and/or services from Pet Parent to a third party. Pet Parent acknowledges that to do so would violate Pet Hostís exclusive contractual agreement with Sleepover Rover and would result in the termination of Pet Hostís agreement with Sleepover Rover plus $50,000 liquidated damages for a breach
Unless Pet Parent has otherwise instructed Sleepover Rover and Pet Host to the contrary, Pet Parent acknowledges and agrees that his or her pet may encounter and be allowed to interact and play with other dogs, cats and other pets and with people, including children. Pet Parent further acknowledges that animals are unpredictable and that there is a possibility of injury to the pet or to another animal or a person.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, PET PARENT (A) HEREBY RELEASES SLEEPOVER ROVER, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, INCLUDING EACH PET HOST, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY OR ILLNESS SUFFERED BY HIS OR HER PET WHILE IN PET HOSTíS CARE, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT SUCH ILLNESS OR INJURY IS THE RESULT OF SLEEPOVER ROVERíS OR PET HOSTíS NEGLIGENCE OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT; AND (B) AGREES NOT TO INITIATE ANY LEGAL PROCEEDINGS AGAINST SLEEPOVER ROVER OR PET HOST WITH RESPECT TO SUCH RELEASED CLAIMS.
WITHOUT LIMITING PARAGRAPH 9 ABOVE, SLEEPOVER ROVERíS AND EACH PET HOSTíS AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR FAILURE TO PERFORM UNDER THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY INJURY OR ILLNESS TO A PET WILL BE LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF (A) THE COST OF THE STAY DURING WHICH THE FAILURE, INJURY OR ILLNESS OCCURRED OR (B) $500. IN NO EVENT WILL SLEEPOVER ROVER OR ANY PET HOST BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THEIR POSSIBLE EXISTENCE.
PET PARENT WILL INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD SLEEPOVER ROVER AND PET HOST HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, FINES, PENALTIES AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYSí FEES) ARISING FROM OR RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF THE REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR COVENANTS CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
12. Sleepover Rover or any Pet Host may refuse to provide pet care services or arrange for any pet care services for any reason, in Sleepover Roverís and Pet Hostís sole and absolute discretion. †
13. Pet Parent agrees to pay all fees for services and other amounts owed under this Agreement. Payment in full for services is due when the pet hosting reservation is placed with Sleepover Rover. Client agrees that any overages for a pickup day and time in excess of that reserved and prepaid, may be charged to the credit card on file or otherwise will be paid immediately upon return. One Sleepover equals a 24 hour period that begins at the ďreservedĒ pet drop off time (or at the actual drop off time only if drop off occurs earlier than the reserved time). Daycare is from 7am until 6pm. Overstays are charged at $10 per hour per dog up to two hours and then a daycare fee is charged for pick up till 6pm or a sleepover fee for pick up after 6pm.
14. FULL REFUNDS less a $25 cancellation fee will be given for booked reservations that cancel at least 14 days prior to the pet drop off date. NO REFUNDS or partial refunds will be given for cancellations with less than 14 days notice prior to the pet drop off date or for early pet pick up. For reservations that are made and begin less than 14 days before the pet drop off date Ė the sale is final at the time we receive payment. This policy is necessary to attract and retain the quality hosts in our network and the board of directors allows no exceptions for any reason. ††
15. The terms of this Agreement will govern any reservation form, pet information sheet, instructions from Pet Parent or other document relating to services to be provided by Sleepover Rover or Pet Host.
16. Any Pet Host providing services to Pet Parent will be deemed to be a third party beneficiary of all applicable provisions of this Agreement.
17. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Arizona, without regard to conflicts of law principles.
18. If any provision of this Agreement is determined to be unenforceable, such provision will be deemed severed and the remaining provisions of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect.
19. Sleepover Rover will be deemed to have accepted this Agreement, without execution, upon the earlier of Sleepover Roverís acceptance of a reservation or payment for services to be provided hereunder or the commencement of the actual provision of services hereunder, subject to Sleepover Roverís right to refuse services to any person or animal.
BY PRESSING THE ďI ACCEPTĒ BUTTON BELOW PET PARENT AGREES TO ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT WITH SLEEPOVER ROVER, INC. ELECTRONICALLY AND WITHOUT A MANUAL SIGNATURE. PET PARENT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE OR SHE HAS READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREES TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY ITS TERMS. ††††††††††††††††††
Checklist of Steps to Booking Your Reservation
Complete your pet and client profiles. Create a reservation. You will receive a call from us after we receive it. Or call us and
we will take your information over the phone and create a reservation for you.
Your certified host will be selected based on your profile and reservation dates. Your certified host will call you.
You and your dog interview and meet your certified host or for last minute reservations interview host over the phone.
Call Sleepover Rover
after host meeting to secure reservation. (Your dates are held for 48 hours
following your host meeting; if we
have not heard from you within 48
hours, your host will be released to book with another client.)
Relax and enjoy guilt–free vacations and business trips knowing your pet is being cared for in a loving host family home.
Fax to 480-706-4896 or email to info@SleepoverRover.com